Beef Brisket on Buns Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 to 20 sandwich buns, split, optional
- 1. Combine the ginger and mustard; rub over brisket. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- 2. Let stand for 20 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Place in a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, Liquid Smoke if desired and chili powder; pour over meat. Cover tightly with foil; bake 3 hours longer or until tender. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 171 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat
Reviews for Beef Brisket on Buns
"My husband is the brisket expert, and he loved it! The flavors were great, and the meat was tender. I really appreciated that it didn't use a pre-bottled BBQ sauce."
"Tender and with good flavor. My husband loved it. You could easily prepare this partway on the day before and finish it in the oven the next day."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.