Beef Brisket on Buns Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 to 20 sandwich buns, split, optional
- 1. Combine the ginger and mustard; rub over brisket. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- 2. Let stand for 20 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Place in a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, Liquid Smoke if desired and chili powder; pour over meat. Cover tightly with foil; bake 3 hours longer or until tender. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
3 ounces (calculated without bun) equals 171 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Beef Brisket on Buns
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.