Beef Brisket Marinara Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1. Sprinkle brisket with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown brisket on both sides. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add celery and carrot to same pan; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add wine; cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in marinara sauce.
- 3. Return brisket to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 4. Remove brisket from pan. Skim fat from sauce. Cut brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup sauce: 295 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 5 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Beef Brisket Marinara
"Very easy recipe with fast preparation time. A ton of flavor and something unique for a brisket recipe"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.