Beef Brisket in Gravy Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a Dutch oven, brown brisket in oil on both sides over medium-high heat; drain. Combine hot water and soup mix; pour over brisket. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with the gravy. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Brisket in Gravy(3)
Sort By :
love this! have made it many times and it is always so good.
Fixed today and left it to cook while I went to church. I had a 4.5 lb brisket so I doubled the gravy (used 2 c. water/ 2 env. onion soup mix). Added 2 sliced onions and 1 lg jar mushrooms. When I arrived home, I ended up adding 2 cups of beef broth as most of the juice had evaporated, even though it was covered, but it worked out fine. It was absolutely delicious. Mashed potatoes and your choice of vegetables...great Sunday dinner.
Could'nt get any easier! Great Sunday meal we loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >