Beef Brisket Chili Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown beef and onion in oil in batches; drain. Stir in the beans, kielbasa, salsa, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, garlic and seasonings.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Just before serving, stir in lemon juice and peel. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 404 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1309mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Beef Brisket Chili
"Amazing, made as directed, but omitted the sausage to up the healthy quotient a bit. My version comes up to about 300 calories/cup. Love it, and will definitely make again!"