Beef Brisket Chili Recipe
My son and I concocted this recipe for a chili cook-off at his work. He proudly came home with a first place ribbon!
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown beef and onion in oil in batches; drain. Stir in the beans, kielbasa, salsa, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, garlic and seasonings.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Just before serving, stir in lemon juice and peel. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 404 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,309 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Brisket Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC