- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions;
- boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set
- aside. Stir into stew; cook 30 minutes longer.
- Add mushrooms; cook 30-40 minutes or until beef is tender. Skim fat
- and discard bay leaves. Stir in chocolate until melted. Serve with
- mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without mashed potatoes) equals 349 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.