Beef Biscuits Recipe
My 17-year-old granddaughter introduced me to this tasty recipe. She first made it in her home economics class.—Carolyn Pauling, Paulina, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 tubes (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Canola oil
- 1. On a floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 6-in. circle; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and oregano. Place 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of meat mixture onto each biscuit. Fold in half and press firmly with the tines of a fork to seal edges.
- 3. Heat about 3 in. of oil to 375° in a deep fryer. Fry each biscuit until golden brown; drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 12 pies.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC