- 2 tubes (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Canola oil
- On a floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 6-in. circle; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and oregano. Place 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of meat mixture onto each biscuit. Fold in half and press firmly with the tines of a fork to seal edges.
- Heat about 3 in. of oil to 375° in a deep fryer. Fry each biscuit until golden brown; drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 12 pies.
Originally published as Beef Biscuits in Country Ground Beef 1993, p62
Reviews for Beef Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2009
"Coat with olive oil and cook in oven at 350 per biscuit directions too."