Beef Barley Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 bay leaf
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until barley is tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Beef Barley Soup(8)
Sort By :
How about some measurements on the celery, onions and carrots? Ihave no idea how big medium is and celery ribs are different sizes. Weight would be good. But use a tape measure if you can't use or read a scale.
It was delicious!
Very good! My husband and 1-year-old daughter love it!
Excellent! I didn't have beef consume so I added 2 packets of French onion soup with 4 cups water. I also added a package of tortillini to stretch it and fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Did not need to have the seasoning corrected. It was perfectly spiced!
This was a a pretty good soup. No complaint from the family. It was really easy to make. I used ground turkey instead of beef and added some frozen peas and a zuchini I had on hand. I would make this again.