We like to keep our freezer stocked with plenty of beef roasts. When we're not in the mood for pot roast, I fix these satisfying sandwiches instead. The meat cooks in a tasty sauce while I'm work. The meat cooks in a tasty sauce while I'm at work. Then I just slice i thinly and serve it on rolls.
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours 20 min.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Cut the roast into quarters; place in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In
- a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, preserves, green pepper, onion,
- mustard and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for
- 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and thinly slice; return meat to slow cooker and stir
- gently. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes longer. Skim fat from sauce.
- Serve beef and sauce on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with apricot spreadable fruit; calculated without roll) equals 218 calories, 253 mg sodium, 78 mg cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 26 gm protein, 7 gm fat, 1 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.