Beef Barbecue Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Cut the roast into quarters; place in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, preserves, green pepper, onion, mustard and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast and thinly slice; return meat to slow cooker and stir gently. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes longer. Skim fat from sauce. Serve beef and sauce on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (prepared with apricot spreadable fruit; calculated without roll) equals 218 calories, 253 mg sodium, 78 mg cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 26 gm protein, 7 gm fat, 1 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.