Beef Barbecue Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Cut the roast into quarters; place in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, preserves, green pepper, onion, mustard and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and thinly slice; return meat to slow cooker and stir gently. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes longer. Skim fat from sauce. Serve beef and sauce on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Beef Barbecue
Sort By :
This was delicious. My family and friends loved it! It did have a very mild flavor.
So I let the sauce reduce somewhat and added more barbecue sauce. It was great! I guess it could be spiced up ,but everyone loved it old and young. Even my 2 1/2 year old grandson ate a whole sandwich!
Everyone in my family just loves this!
I found this to be quite sweet and the sauce very runny. Could have been the barbeque sauce I used... I agree with the last reviewer, it could use some more spice too.
We thought it was a little tart and a bit too sweet. I would try something with a little more spice next time.
This is very good!!! My kids love it!