Beef and Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans if desired, vegetables and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese, sour cream and chips if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 each: 184 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Veggie Soup
"I "add" 2 cups of water . . . not "had" 2 cups of water. I must be tired."
"I've made this recipe over and over. I did find it a little thick to be called a soup, so I had 2 cups water and some beef bouillon. I also add some chopped celery. It is however, absolutely delicious."
"i THINK THIS IS A DELICIOUS RECIPE"