- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans if desired, vegetables and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese, sour cream and chips if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Beef and Veggie Soup
"Delicious soup. I decided to make this late in the day so made it on the stove. Since my husband likes either pasta or potatoes in his soup, I added extra broth and tomato sauce along with 3/4 cup baby shells. A thick soup for a cold day."
"I added two cups of water and some beef bullion after reading the reviews. This soup is amazing! After having soup as half we served the rest of it over rice the next day. Delicious as both! We will be making this again soon. So much flavor!"
"I "add" 2 cups of water . . . not "had" 2 cups of water. I must be tired."
"I've made this recipe over and over. I did find it a little thick to be called a soup, so I had 2 cups water and some beef bouillon. I also add some chopped celery. It is however, absolutely delicious."
"i THINK THIS IS A DELICIOUS RECIPE"