Beef and Tomato Pie Recipe
"I bake this hot and hearty ground beef pie when my grandchildren come to visit," comments June Mullins of Livonia, Missouri. "They like its family-pleasing flavor," she informs. And you'll like that it costs just 57 cents a serving.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in ketchup and salt; set aside.
- 2. Combine biscuit mix and milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 6-8 times. Roll into a 10-in. circle; transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Flute edges.
- 3. Spoon meat mixture into crust. Sprinkle with tomatoes. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 352 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 883 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC