Beef and Tomato Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in ketchup and salt; set aside.
- Combine biscuit mix and milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 6-8 times. Roll into a 10-in. circle; transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Flute edges.
- Spoon meat mixture into crust. Sprinkle with tomatoes. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Tomato Pie
Sort By :
I made this last night with taco seasoning. Even with that I found the taste to be fairly bland. Was okay for a meal or two, but I won't be making it again. I like my biscuits baked soft and not crunchy. If you do too, watch the casserole and don't bake the entire time.
This was good with white cheddar cheese, but I had to put 6 cups of fresh tomatoes on it to get the taste balance I wanted. I also had to add about 1/4 cup of flour to the biscuit mix after adding all the milk. 1/2 cup of milk might be better. This pie also needed a deep-dish pie pan, not a "9-in. pie plate".
This was a tasty recipe - the family loved. I actually used a store bought pie crust and it still turned out excellent.
This was just ok, won't be making again, the chunks of tomato with the hamburger and cheese sounded like a great flavor combo, but it wasn't! The meat turned out kinda dry. Good idea- but bad out come:(
This was very delicious! My husband and I loved how crisp and flaky the crust was. It had a surprisingly large amount of flavor, as well. We added just a little bit of sour cream on top just before we ate it and it was rather delicious. :)