“This is one of my favorite recipes; it makes my kitchen smell so good! We love eating it with homemade bread or cornbread.” -Nancy Whitford of Edwards, New York
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/3 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sour cream, optional
- Sprinkle beef with chili powder. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion in oil.
- Meanwhile, in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, jalapenos, brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir in the beef, onion and drippings.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Three-Bean Chili in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p62
Reviews for Beef and Three-Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review