Beef and Three-Bean Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/3 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sour cream, optional
- Sprinkle beef with chili powder. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion in oil.
- Meanwhile, in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, jalapenos, brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir in the beef, onion and drippings.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Three-Bean Chili(7)
Sort By :
Made as directed, came out great, Next time i used went 50/50 with beef stew mean and ground beef and added corn lol..came out great also
It was great and flavorful, even my 2-year-old said it was yummy. I will be making it again, but I may modify it to make it a little thicker.
If I were to make this again, I would up the spices and cut back on the tomatoes. Overall it was good, but needs more seasoning.
This was so good! I used venison steak cut into chunks and it turned out great.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Simple Chili Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >