Beef and Sausage Soup Recipe
Everyone enjoys this soup, which is hardy and tasty. Each time I serve it, people seem to want the recipe. When that happens, I know it's appreciated!
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links, shaped into balls
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown beef in oil on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Brown sausage on all sides; drain.
- 2. Return beef to the pan. Add the tomatoes, water, onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Add the potatoes and celery. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC