Beef and Sauerkraut Dinner Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups soft rye bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced potatoes, drained
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup each mayonnaise and horseradish, optional
- In a bowl, combine beef, egg, crumbs, milk, onion, vinegar, caraway and salt; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add the potatoes and sauerkraut and mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
- If sauce is desired, combine mayonnaise and horseradish; serve on the side. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Sauerkraut Dinner
Sort By :
"We love sauerkraut and the marriage with meatballs made it amazing! Hearty home cooking at its best. Try the dipping sauce with the meatballs!"
"I personally liked this recipe but I could not get my husband or kids to eat it. You have to really like sauerkraut if you are going to make it."