Beef and Rice for Two
Many casseroles make enough to feed a crowd, but this easy recipe is perfectly portioned for two people. It's a great find.—Emma Magielda, Amsterdam, New York
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked beef
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute rice in oil until golden
- brown. Add the water, bouillon, celery, green pepper, onion and soy
- sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15
- Stir in the beef. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rice and
- vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 536 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 1,180 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or