Beef and Rice for Two Recipe
Many casseroles make enough to feed a crowd, but this easy recipe is perfectly portioned for two people. It's a great find.Emma Magielda, Amsterdam, New York
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked beef
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute rice in oil until golden brown. Add the water, bouillon, celery, green pepper, onion and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beef. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Rice for Two in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p56
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef and Rice for Two(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review