Beef and Ramen Dinner Recipe
Looking for a hearty meal that calls for only a few items? This beefy entree from Joanne Shewchuk fits the bill. "We have three active children, so this simple skillet dinner is ideal," writes the St. Benedict, Saskatchewan reader.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn and contents of noodle seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Break noodles into small pieces; stir into beef mixture.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender, adding water if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC