Beef and Ramen Dinner
Looking for a hearty meal that calls for only a few items? This beefy entree from Joanne Shewchuk fits the bill. "We have three active children, so this simple skillet dinner is ideal," writes the St. Benedict, Saskatchewan reader.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn and contents of noodle seasoning
- packet. Bring to a boil. Break noodles into small pieces; stir into
- beef mixture.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are
- tender, adding water if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.