Beef and Potato Nacho Casserole Recipe
I created this recipe for my family a few years ago because we all love Mexican-style food. It was an instant success with them - and so easy to prepare for me!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and 1/2 cup onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce and water. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the green chilies, beans and potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and remaining onion; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,042 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Potato Nacho Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC