- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, cook beef and 1/2 cup onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce and water. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the green chilies, beans and potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and remaining onion; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Potato Nacho Casserole
"Saved recipe just today!"
"I used salsa instead of tomato sauce and water. I also omitted the green peppers and soup and used Mexican cheese blend . It was a great idea, I just made it my own. Thank you"
"I left out tomato sauce and water and used salsa instead. I also left out soup milk and green pepper and used Mexican blend cheese. You had a really great idea and I just made it my own. Thank you."
"We loved this! The only change we made was to use star tator tots instead of the potatoes. It was not sloppy or a mess and my family of picky eaters loved it."
"My family loved this! We used star shaped tator tots instead of the frozen potatoes. Otherwise we followed the recipe exactly and it turned out fantastic!"