- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, cook beef and 1/2 cup onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce and water. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the green chilies, beans and potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and remaining onion; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Potato Nacho Casserole
"This was just kind of ok to me. It lacked something. Maybe add another package of taco seasoning or something. I added some chili powder to my second helping & some crushed red pepper. It helped a bit but still lacked something. I don't think the potatoes are a good compliment to it. Maybe something crunchy on top like corn chips."
"Saved recipe just today!"
"I used salsa instead of tomato sauce and water. I also omitted the green peppers and soup and used Mexican cheese blend . It was a great idea, I just made it my own. Thank you"
"I left out tomato sauce and water and used salsa instead. I also left out soup milk and green pepper and used Mexican blend cheese. You had a really great idea and I just made it my own. Thank you."
"We loved this! The only change we made was to use star tator tots instead of the potatoes. It was not sloppy or a mess and my family of picky eaters loved it."