- until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small
- amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring
- constantly. Add cheese and salt.
- Place half of the potato slices in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking
- dish. Top with half of the cheese sauce and all of the meat mixture.
- Arrange the remaining potatoes over meat mixture; top with the
- remaining cheese sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer
- reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 285 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.