Beef and Potato Casserole Recipe
My husband goes to school and works full-time, and I'm the mother of a 1-year-old. With a busy schedule like ours, this quick recipe of pantry staples is just perfect!—Brenda Bradshaw, Oconto, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups frozen potato rounds
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potato rounds on the bottom and up the sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place beef and broccoli over potatoes. Combine the celery soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over beef mixture.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 386 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC