Beef and Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups frozen potato rounds
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potato rounds on the bottom and up the sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place beef and broccoli over potatoes. Combine the celery soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over beef mixture.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 386 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 884mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Potato Casserole
"I added ground up onion, and carrot and a bit of fresh celery leaves, and also used fresh potatoe slices, , really was good."
"will make again."
"I used regular potatoes thinly sliced to cover the bottom of my pan and also used fresh broccoli. I also seasoned the ground beef while browning. I have a picky husband who is not overly fond of broccoli unless it has a cheese sauce over it so I added more cheese than called for and he enjoyed this dish!"
"This is delicious! Even my picky kids liked it. I didn't have cream of celery soup, so I used cream of mushroom and sautéed some celery with the ground beef. I also put more potato rounds on the top of the casserole before baking, then sprinkled the last 1/2 cup of cheese on top of them."
"I used regular potatoes and peeled then sliced them into rounds to layer on the bottom of the pan. I used fresh broccoli and followed the rest of the recipe exactly and it turned out good. Good flavor!"