Beef and Potato Casserole
My husband goes to school and works full-time, and I'm the mother of a 1-year-old. With a busy schedule like ours, this quick recipe of pantry staples is just perfect!—Brenda Bradshaw, Oconto, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups frozen potato rounds
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato rounds on the bottom and up the sides of a 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Place beef and broccoli over potatoes. Combine the celery soup,
- milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over
- beef mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 386 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.