- 4 cups frozen potato rounds
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato rounds on the bottom and up the sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place beef and broccoli over potatoes. Combine the celery soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over beef mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"I used regular potatoes thinly sliced to cover the bottom of my pan and also used fresh broccoli. I also seasoned the ground beef while browning. I have a picky husband who is not overly fond of broccoli unless it has a cheese sauce over it so I added more cheese than called for and he enjoyed this dish!"
"This is delicious! Even my picky kids liked it. I didn't have cream of celery soup, so I used cream of mushroom and sautéed some celery with the ground beef. I also put more potato rounds on the top of the casserole before baking, then sprinkled the last 1/2 cup of cheese on top of them."
"I used regular potatoes and peeled then sliced them into rounds to layer on the bottom of the pan. I used fresh broccoli and followed the rest of the recipe exactly and it turned out good. Good flavor!"