Beef and Potato Boats Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash potato skins and prick with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender; cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and milk; set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cool 10 minutes. Add bacon, sour cream and remaining salt.
- Spoon into potato shells. Top each with a fourth of the mashed potato mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Place potatoes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Potato Boats(4)
Sort By :
I added some gravy and veggies and pretty much made sheppards pie in a potatoe skin shell. Viola. No leftovers.
This was so easy to prepare and tasted great. I served it with red skin mashed potatoes and a vegetable. My husband really enjoyed it as well. It is a keeper.
I really enjoy this meal. It has everything my family likes. I make it with the real bacon bits instead of frying up bacon.
My whole family loves this recipe! Quick and easy to make with ingredients I have around most of the time!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >