Beef and Potato Boats Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Wash potato skins and prick with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender; cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and milk; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cool 10 minutes. Add bacon, sour cream and remaining salt.
- 3. Spoon into potato shells. Top each with a fourth of the mashed potato mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Place potatoes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 428 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1091mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Potato Boats
"I added some gravy and veggies and pretty much made sheppards pie in a potatoe skin shell. Viola. No leftovers."
"This was so easy to prepare and tasted great. I served it with red skin mashed potatoes and a vegetable. My husband really enjoyed it as well. It is a keeper."
"I really enjoy this meal. It has everything my family likes. I make it with the real bacon bits instead of frying up bacon."
"My whole family loves this recipe! Quick and easy to make with ingredients I have around most of the time!"