Beef and Peppers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top round steak or top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Heat oil in skillet, brown beef on all sides. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add onion, peppers and broth; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 2. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into broth. Cook and stir until gravy is thick and shiny. Add seasonings. Serve over hot cooked rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 298 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Peppers
"I followed the recipe, and found it to be super bland. At the last minute, I added soy sauce and powdered ginger, which made it ok. No one is asking for it again."