Beef and Pepper Medley Recipe
For a meaty dish that packs as much visual punch as it does flavor, try this refreshing salad. Colorful peppers and onion add crunch, and the dressing is tangy. I created the recipe myself. -Dean Schrock, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 eye of round beef roast (about 4 pounds)
- 2 large green peppers, julienned
- 2 large sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine garlic powder and pepper; rub over all sides of roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Place roast in oven and reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness. Chill for 30-40 minutes or until meat is cool enough to handle.
- 3. Cut into 3-in. x 1/4-in. x 1/4-in. strips. Place in a large salad bowl; add peppers and onions.
- 4. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients ; cover and shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate over night. Serve cold. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 210 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Pepper Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC