Beef and Pepper Medley Recipe
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 eye of round beef roast (about 4 pounds)
- 2 large green peppers, julienned
- 2 large sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine garlic powder and pepper; rub over all sides of roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Place roast in oven and reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness. Chill for 30-40 minutes or until meat is cool enough to handle.
- 3. Cut into 3-in. x 1/4-in. x 1/4-in. strips. Place in a large salad bowl; add peppers and onions.
- 4. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients ; cover and shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate over night. Serve cold. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 210 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.