- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 eye of round beef roast (about 4 pounds)
- 2 large green peppers, julienned
- 2 large sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine garlic powder and pepper; rub over all sides of roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Preheat oven to 500°.
- Place roast in oven and reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness. Chill for 30-40 minutes or until meat is cool enough to handle.
- Cut into 3-in. x 1/4-in. x 1/4-in. strips. Place in a large salad bowl; add peppers and onions.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients ; cover and shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate over night. Serve cold. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Pepper Medley in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p33
Reviews for Beef and Pepper Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review