Beef and Pepper Kabobs Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 each medium sweet green, yellow, orange and red peppers
- 1. In a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Add meat; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 2. Cut peppers into 1-in. squares and thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers alternately with meat.
- 3. Grill over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the meat reaches desired doneness, turning often. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note: Boneless lamb can be substituted for the beef.
1 each: 200 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.