Beef and Pepper Kabobs
I've traveled to many different countries and am always on the lookout for cookbooks. I adapted this recipe from a Turkish cookbook and it brings rave reviews whenever I serve it. I usually serve the kabobs with rice pilaf and a tossed salad.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 each medium sweet green, yellow, orange and red peppers
- In a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon
- juice, oil, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Add meat; seal bag and
- turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut peppers into 1-in. squares and thread onto metal or soaked wooden
- skewers alternately with meat.
- Grill over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the meat reaches
- desired doneness, turning often. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note: Boneless lamb can be substituted for the beef.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet