I've traveled to many different countries and am always on the lookout for cookbooks. I adapted this recipe from a Turkish cookbook and it brings rave reviews whenever I serve it. I usually serve the kabobs with rice pilaf and a tossed salad.
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 each medium sweet green, yellow, orange and red peppers
- In a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Add meat; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut peppers into 1-in. squares and thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers alternately with meat.
- Grill over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the meat reaches desired doneness, turning often. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Pepper Kabobs in Country Extra May 1995, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef and Pepper Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review