Beef and Pasta Burgandy Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon red currant jelly or seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup pearl onions, peeled
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- Dash pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, brown beef cubes on all sides in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, jelly and tomato paste until smooth; gradually add broth and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 2. Add beef and bacon. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 3. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add the mushrooms, onions, carrots and pepper to beef mixture. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Serve over noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 651 calories, 39g fat (13g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Pasta Burgandy
"Delicious and easy!"
"My carrots did not get done. i will par-boil them next time. I added 1 T chopped garlic, 1/2 t thyme, and 1 bay leaf for more flavor."