Beef and Pasta Burgandy Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon red currant jelly or seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup pearl onions, peeled
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- Dash pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a saucepan, brown beef cubes on all sides in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, jelly and tomato paste until smooth; gradually add broth and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Add beef and bacon. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add the mushrooms, onions, carrots and pepper to beef mixture. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Serve over noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Pasta Burgandy
Sort By :
"My husband loved this. I didn't add as many mushrooms because my Husband isn't fond of them, but he actually ate a few because of the sauce. I used Beef broth instead of Chicken, because that is what I had on hand and extra lean stew meat. I will be making this again."
"Delicious and easy!"
"My carrots did not get done. i will par-boil them next time. I added 1 T chopped garlic, 1/2 t thyme, and 1 bay leaf for more flavor."