Beef and Orzo Skillet Recipe
- 1 cup halved fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef brisket
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Saute the mushrooms, celery, pepper and onion in oil in a Dutch oven until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 368 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Orzo Skillet
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.