Beef and Onion Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cooked rice or noodles
- 1. Dredge meat in flour; brown in butter in a Dutch oven. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, tomato paste and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 270 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1000mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Onion Stew
"This was delicious! Although we didn't use that much salt...use your taste preferences. I don't use much salt & my family is used to it. We ate ours on egg noodles, it was really, really good! We did add fresh mushrooms in with the onions too :)"
"Yummy. I doubled the "sauce" ingredients and added a bunch of fresh green beans to the pot just before simmering. I didn't have lemon pepper, so I just left it out. Still delicious!"
"I loved this flavorful recipe! I added a small package of frozen spinach during the cooking time and the end result tastes wonderful! Served over noodles with warm slices of french bread... this meal is simply fantastic."
"Turned out delicious. The meat was extremely tender but didn't fall apart. Zesty flavor that even my fussy kids loved. For pepper lovers, it would be excellent with green pepper."