When I was working on the local election board in the '50s, one of my co-workers gave me this recipe, and it has been a family favorite ever since. It's quick to make for unexpected company or easily doubled for a potluck.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6-1/4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute onion and pepper until tender. Stir in the beef, Worcestershire sauce, noodles and soups.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Noodle Casserole in Reminisce July/August 1992, p35
Reviews for Beef and Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review