Beef and Noodle Bake
Everyone eagerly digs into this dish's delicious layers of ground beef, egg noodles and cheese. Chives offer a subtle sweet onion flavor.Pam Laaker, Quincy, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream and chives; fold in
- noodles. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the noodle
- mixture and meat mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer
- or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 444 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 863 mg sodium,