- is no longer pink; drain. Add the mushrooms, relish, salt, mustard
- and pepper. Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into beef
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Set aside.
- For pastry, in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt
- and poultry seasoning. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles
- coarse crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup milk to form a soft dough. Turn onto
- a floured surface; pat dough into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- Set aside 1/4 cup meat mixture. Spread remaining mixture over dough
- to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, starting with a long side; pinch
- seam to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; brush
- with remaining milk.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For gravy, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the
- flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
- reserved meat mixture; heat through. Slice roll; serve with gravy.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 495 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,443 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.