Beef and Mushroom Potpies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish; cover with water. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute beef in 1 tablespoon oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- 3. In the same pan, saute onion and mushrooms in remaining oil until tender; add the carrots, peas, ketchup and pepper. Combine the cornstarch, sour cream and gravy until blended; stir into pan and heat through. Stir in potatoes and beef. Divide mixture among four greased 16-oz. ramekins.
- 4. Remove crescent roll dough from tube, but do not unroll; cut dough into 16 slices. Cut each slice in half. Arrange seven pieces, curved sides out, around the edge of each ramekin. Press dough slightly to secure in place. Place remaining pieces on the center of each. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crusts are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 potpie equals 713 calories, 35 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 990 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.