- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish; cover with water. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute beef in 1 tablespoon oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion and mushrooms in remaining oil until tender; add the carrots, peas, ketchup and pepper. Combine the cornstarch, sour cream and gravy until blended; stir into pan and heat through. Stir in potatoes and beef. Divide mixture among four greased 16-oz. ramekins.
- Remove crescent roll dough from tube, but do not unroll; cut dough into 16 slices. Cut each slice in half. Arrange seven pieces, curved sides out, around the edge of each ramekin. Press dough slightly to secure in place. Place remaining pieces on the center of each. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crusts are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef and Mushroom Potpies
"Overall easy to put together, and very tasty. I substituted plain Greek yogurt (Fage) for the sour cream. I didn't have individual ramekins so I put everything in a greased 13x9" pan and unrolled the crescent rolls into two rectangles on top. My husband was very tired after work and expected to eat a serving (1/8th casserole) and then go to bed, but it was so delicious he went back for seconds to savor some more!"
"Excellent recipe; I halved it for two of us and so far I don't know if the other half of the crescent rolls will keep OK. I added some garlic, oregano, salt & pepper and used undiluted mushroom soup in lieu of sour cream. I keep stewed cubed beef in broth in the freezer and this recipe was just made for it !"
"This was very yummy and filling!! I don't have 16 oz sized ramekins, so I just put it in a 9x13 baking dish and placed the biscuits on the top. I surely will make this recipe again."