Beef and Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
The tomato bisque soup adds an extra touch of hearty flavor...that's one reason it's one of my husband's favorites.—Debra Hufsey, Newland, North Carolina
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cream of tomato bisque soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 6 slices process cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, soup, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes and cheese slices. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 531 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 2002mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Mashed Potato Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC