Beef and Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
The tomato bisque soup adds an extra touch of hearty flavor...that's one reason it's one of my husband's favorites.—Debra Hufsey, Newland, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cream of tomato bisque soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 6 slices process cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, soup, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes and cheese slices. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 531 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 2,002 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC