Beef and Corn Casserole
This recipe was passed down from my mother. It's now a stand-by for me as well as our three grown daughters. It's a great dish to pass at potlucks.Ruth Jost, Clear Lake, Iowa
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (10 ounces) fine egg noodles
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large
- skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add the noodles and remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until
- bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 295 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.