This recipe was in a church cookbook my sister-in-law gave me after I got married. I make this casserole for new moms just home from the hospital and it's always well received—Cindy Vanderweele, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 28 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stuff into pasta shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 7-9 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Cheese Shells in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p230
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef and Cheese Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2015
"This has been my go-to stuffed shell recipe for years. It's always a big family request."