Beef and Cheese Shells Recipe
This recipe was in a church cookbook my sister-in-law gave me after I got married. I make this casserole for new moms just home from the hospital and it's always well receivedCindy Vanderweele, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 28 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stuff into pasta shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 7-9 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Cheese Shells in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p230
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef and Cheese Shells(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review