This is a meal my husband really enjoys, although it's a bit big for just the two of us. The good news is that it reheats nicely in the microwave.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Chili sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup biscuit mix and milk; stir until a soft ball forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate; trim and flute edges.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and remaining biscuit mix. Pour into crust. Spoon tomatoes over top. Combine eggs and cheese; pour over tomatoes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with chili sauce if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Pie in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p195
Reviews for Beef and Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review