- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced white bread
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- Cut off top of bread; hollow out remainder to form a shell and set shell aside. Cut the top and the bread removed from inside into cubes; set aside 2 cups.
- In a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in green pepper, onion, seasonings and soup. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in reserved bread cubes. Spoon into bread shell; top with cheese slices.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cut into slices; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Cheese Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p24
Reviews for Beef and Cheese Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review