- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, rice, soups and chilies. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Cheese Casserole
"I didn't think that this was anything special. I made it as directed with the exception of using two packets of taco seasoning which I'm glad I did otherwise this would have been very bland. I do think that this would make a good stuffing for burritos if you added additional toppings like you would tacos."
"Great in a pinch, but the overly simplistic flavors are ones that my family would tire of quickly if I made this too often."
"Really delictious. Next time I'll add a little more taco seasoning, but that's just my preference - it's excellent the way it is. I passed on this recipe and the woman who made it raved about it, too! Thanks so much!"
"Loved it! Kept going back for more. Gave this recipe to a friend. His child, who is normally a picky eater, had 3 helpings."
"This was a very good recipe. Everyone loved it. It was nice and creamy."