- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, rice, soups and chilies. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Cheese Casserole
Sort By :
I didn't think that this was anything special. I made it as directed with the exception of using two packets of taco seasoning which I'm glad I did otherwise this would have been very bland. I do think that this would make a good stuffing for burritos if you added additional toppings like you would tacos.
Great in a pinch, but the overly simplistic flavors are ones that my family would tire of quickly if I made this too often.
Really delictious. Next time I'll add a little more taco seasoning, but that's just my preference - it's excellent the way it is. I passed on this recipe and the woman who made it raved about it, too! Thanks so much!
This is my new, favorite casserole! Super easy to make, inexpensive, but most of all delicious. I think it would be equally good as a filling for soft tacos. This one's a keeper!
Loved it! Kept going back for more. Gave this recipe to a friend. His child, who is normally a picky eater, had 3 helpings.