Beef and Cheddar Quiche Recipe
This recipe has been a family favorite for years. It's easy to prepare and perfect for a busy schedule. I've also made this recipe with salmon - substituting two cans for the ground beef and adding 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. It's great!
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- 2. Drain beef; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, mayonnaise, milk, onion, cornstarch, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. If necessary, cover the edges of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 433 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Cheddar Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC