Beef and Cheddar Quiche Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- 2. Drain beef; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, mayonnaise, milk, onion, cornstarch, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. If necessary, cover the edges of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 433 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Beef and Cheddar Quiche
"This quiche was a hit at a recent gathering of friends. I used white cheddar (due to a severe allergy to Annatto, the food dye in yellow cheeses) and I added 1/2 cup of chopped tomato. The recipe is a keeper and I will definitely be making this again!"
"Very tasty, easy to put together. I added a can of green chilies to mine , and even my picky 6 year old ate it up."
"Yum! So easy and yummy. Was a nice change from the usual sausage or bacon. Made it for a brunch and it was a big hit."
"Added mushrooms because we like them and used biscuit on hand for bottom. We still love the recipe. Thanks"
"Have made it many times and it is always a hit with the whole family!"
"I added a chopped green pepper to add a little nutritional value."
"I am a quiche fan; I love making it and DEFINITELY LOVE eating it! I have a version I make, but this was VERY good. I may even like this better than my own. My husband gave it a two thumbs up and we almost ate the entire pie in one sitting. There is only two small servings left. Very good. Thank you for the recipe! Next time I may have to make two pies so we can have some left over."