Beef and Cabbage Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash 1/4 cup beans with 1/4 cup beef broth. Add to Dutch oven with remaining beans and broth, tomatoes, cabbage and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 198 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Beef and Cabbage Stew
"Very tasty! I made a double batch with cabbage from my garden and froze one for later!"
"Amazing stew! I use ground moose meat instead of ground beef and add a bunch of red pepper flakes and cayenne to spice it up, and have gotten nothing but good reviews from people I've made it for. This is hands down my favorite moose stew recipe that I've tried."
"This soup was great, we loved it! Will definitely make it again."
"I have not made it yet. I want to try it. Dianne Williams member"
"This is a regular in our house. Its like chili but with cabbage. I shared the recipe with my mom and she makes it all the time now too."